Monday, May 26, 2008

My Very First ATC's!!! (Plus a whole lot more)




HI! First of all, I'm sorry I haven't written In so long. My intention is to write at least every weekend. I have been writing more though-which is a good thing. I was having a very hard time last week with some things and I wrote some (poetry? prose? - I'm not sure what to call it) about it which helped me alot and I actually think it turned out well. I may post it sometime later if it still seems good. I plan to do an art journal as well and I know I will include it there.


So much has been going on in the last 2 weeks! My daughter had Prom, Post-Prom, Finals and then (drumroll please...) Graduation!!!! (Of course I still had to work everyday during that time! I am SOOO grateful for this holiday today-an extra day in my weekend, plus a 4 day workweek -YAY!!)


I can't believe I now have a truly GROWN daughter. Turning 18 was not the start of adulthood in my mind. I think you MUST be graduated from High School to be an "adult". Maybe because I feel like that is the real end of my responsibility for her. Get her grown up healthy and educated thru High School. I certainly plan to be at least helping with further education, but from here on out, it's really "all her"! Makes me feel old ;o( (LOL)


OK! SO! On to the artsy reason for this post-I joined a swap on one of my Yahoo! groups to get me motivated to just create thing for no real reason and to try out some of the products and stuff I have that isn't Stamin'Up! These are my VERY FIRST ATC's EVER!! I actually had to look online after I signed up for this swap to see what the "rules" ARE for ATC's. I knew they were small, but I didn't realize they MUST be 2.5" x 3.5", so I'm glad I looked! I am very proud of how these turned out. This was also my first time using the Twinkling H2O's and the subtle shimmer is really beautiful! I wish shimmer showed up in photos and scans the way you see it IRL. Any way I hope you like them! The cardstock and floral stamps are all from SU! But the background was done with alcohol inks on the blue/purple one and the background word stamp is "Italian Poetry" by ??? (I'll have to go look and add it to the post later)

No comments: