Sunday, September 20, 2009

Summertime fun ATC swap

I also entered a swap with the theme of "Summertime Fun". Not so much detail this time. Not so sure how much everyone wants to hear about my thought processes! Bad enough I think out loud, now I'm typing it out too!

It was really hard to get a good pic of this one. I may try to scan it instead, Scans just never show sparkle. Although it would give me a chance to get the dog hair out of the picture!. (Ignore that please!)

I used my Tattered Angels glimmer mist and a glimmer screen of a dragonfly for this one. My first time! Again, it's really hard to get the subtle shimmer to be seen in a picture. The rest is just various dragonfly stamps I had.

New SU! stamps! I liked the grunge look of this one. Made my own ink wash spray with reinker.

More of the new SU! stamps. Cleaner image this time. Not sure which way I like better.

My nephew, Dallas. "Bingo Blast" technique on the background. If you guys haven't heard of Technique Junkies, ya gotta go! Pat Huntoon runs a website and an every other month technique newsletter. Go to patstamps.com to check it out. It's not free for the newsletter, but so worth it and there are some free tutorials on the site to whet your appetite!

A little paper tole with a $1 stamp from Michael's I bought about 5 years ago on a background of the shaving cream marbling technique. I made a ton of cards for a large SU! swap last year and used the marbled paper (shaving cream and reinker-and plenty of paper towels! FUN!) but I got a little carried away and made LOTS more marbled paper than I needed. My favorite ice cream is vanilla with stawberry topping and
when I looked in my stash for an "ice-creamy" background, there it was! It's very subtle in this picture.

This background was a TJ technique also. Stamped the image first, then masked and did the BG, Colored with SU! markers and shell attached with Crystal Effects.

No comments: