Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Indoor creativity!











OK, I know I'm a little late, but here's my post from the weekend. OK, not really-we've been SOO busy on the weekends with this landsacaping stuff, but we finally have everything IN and we just need to make sure it all stays wet enough till it grows in a bit. So I just finally got into the studio a little Monday night and tonite again because I promised to make a few things. Here are a few pics of the graduation hat cards I invented last year. I got 2 requests for them this year! They have a pocket inside for a sentiment or a tag or a gift card. Then my friend asked me for a card for her neice's baptism and here is the card I made for that.
The hats are very easy, cut 3 5/8" down the long side of a piece of 8 1/2" by 11" paper then score every 3 5/8" (I use my Scor-Pal... LOVE IT!) Then scor diagonally in the center square and fold on the score lines. You can make it a little more 3-D or tape the diagonal down to create the pocket. To make it into the grad hat I poke a hole in the center and place a shank button in the hole. I secure it with the little doo-dads that hold the buttons on the cards sometimes. I have also used a small piece of wire. Then use pop dots to put you stamped piece inside because of the button shank




3 stamps used are very obscure companies (to me anyway)which I forgot to write down of course! I bought them at Hobby Lobby, I believe. I hope you like them.

No comments: