Saturday, May 9, 2009

RE-introducing me

I recntly asked to be added to an ATC group and the following is my "brief" introduction of myself. Writing this inspired me to re-introduce myself here, too! :
I am actaually newer to ATC's. I just heard of them last summer/fall. I started as a scrapbooker several years ago (about 10 or 11?) then discovered stamping and cardmaking about 7 or 8 years ago. I love the artsier cards and discovered about a year ago that there does seem to be a whole world of art that I have been away from for a long time!
I took several art classes in college, but got away from that side of myself for a career, marriage and child. Marriage is long-gone, child is almost-grown and career is stable. I've realized lately that I want to get back to doing some of the things I used to that were just for me. I actually enjoy being alone. (I hope that doesn't sound creepy! I love being with family and friends too!)
I love blogs! I started my own, but have had trouble keeping it up! I kind-of "went away" this winter and have not been very active in my crafts or blogging this winter. I recently moved and reorganized my "studio" (LONG STORY!) and have been getting back into photos and creating just in the past few weeks.
I love to learn new techniques and see people's ideas. It inspires me! My biggest problem with it all is that I tend to get caught up in ideas and looking and not spending enough time DOING. I bought a laptop this winter, in part, to be able to take my inspiration into the studio (before, these things were 2 floors away from each other) and that has really helped re-fuel my creative juices! Look for some new postings soon on my blog!
I also tend to be very wordy (in case you couldn't tell), so I'll shut up now!
Sara Larson

No comments: