Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bird IS the Word!


This house is on my route to work and the very first time I noticed it was just after I had gotten my scallop punch and all I could see was the beautiful pink scallops at the top! I love the color combo, too! It still had a porch when I first noticed it. I think they are slowly trying to rehab it and I just hope they don't change the colors or the personality I feel from this house. Anyway, I was involved in a card swap in my "PaintingWithRadiance" group (which is gone now :( ) and knew exactly what I wanted to do for my card. It was using the theme of birds - I think it was close to a year ago! - and in that group, the goal was always to make it sparkly!
So this was the card I made for that swap :




So now I'm involved in a tag swap on one of my ATC groups and again the theme is birds. I still really like that house and decided I wanted to make a variation of my bird card for the tags and this is what I came up with! I liked it, but just didn't feel like it was quite "right" and couldn't quite pinpoint what the problem was. I had originally wanted to have the feather dangle from the strings at the top, but couldn't decide how to do it in a way that would STAY well. I try to make the things for swaps so that they are not going to come undone easily. I have a friend at work, Linnea, who also has an "artsy" side and I like to show her what I've done, what I've received, etc and decided I would get her opinion. She helped me decide HOW to attach the feather where I wanted it and helped me clarify what I wasn't liking about it. I didn't think the bird was easily visible -especially when the lighting was dimmer and was trying to think of a way to "pop" her out better, but didn't really want to add a background behind her and Linny just simply said "change the color" and my lightbulb suddenly went on! Duh! It doesn't HAVE to be the same color to be a variation. I switched it to the light green and it was SO much better! Then, when I got to playing with it as I made it, I added the nest of eggs inside the house. I always make one to keep for myself and I made one for Linny as a gift for healping me "tweak" it. I hope my swappers will like it because I really do!
FYI- the "siding " was done using one of my TJ techniques!
The title of this tag is "Mama's Pride"

1 comment:

Rock Girl Designs said...

Gorgeous Home! It is like a gingerbread house!