Sunday, February 20, 2011

A few ATC's to share

I think I will try to go chronologically here... I few weeks ago I had just joined the ATC World Yahoo group, and I decided to jump right in to a swap with the theme of "winter clothes". What is your favorite warm item of clothing in the winter? I have always been one to have bare feet as my feet usually get hot and I even have to stick them out of the covers frequently. But this year I have had such COLD FEET! I have actually been wearing warm, fuzzy socks to bed (which would have driven me completely crazy in the past). Anyway, I wanted to make the card about my fuzzy socks. The colors aren't the same as the real ones, but I used flocking on the socks, which just drew lightly with a pencil then used glue and flocking. I love a day when it's snowing outside to curl up in my big chair with a book and a blanket, so I added those elements as well. I thought it was cute.



I also participated recently in a "Winner Takes All" exchange, where everyone signs up, 2 winners are chosen and everyone has to send those two people a card. I didn't win :( The winners can let everyone know what kinds of themes or techniques they particularly like also. One of the winners had Asian as one of the themes that she likes and this is the card I made to send her. It's a little hard to see, but there is some subtle shimmer on her fabric and on the lantern. I need to make another one for myself. (do you who swap cards - of any kind - make one for yourself? I like to.)
Last, but not least, I am also involved in a "Steampunk" themed swap and this is what I ended up with. I felt like, to really be in the Steampunk spirit it would be cool if the card was a little machine in itself. It should DO something. The collaged piece is shaped like a gear and sandwiched beteen 2 layers with a brad in the center so it can spin - like my mind! The images in her brain are all "Steampunk-y": keys, birds, charts, a watch, gears, etc. I love this eyes stamp! And my new Tim Holtz embossing folder for the bricks at the side. I am planning to do another design for this swap and will probably use the brick in that one also. I'll post it if/when I get it done. I have several other projects to do tomorrow also. Goodnight for now!

No comments: