Sunday, February 6, 2011

Zentangles!

OK, so, about a month ago, while I was doing my internet surfing and "lurking" around in all my yahoo groups, I discovered a new (to me) artform called ZenTangles. I ended up staying up all night looking at examples and sketching in my notebook. - I keep a notebook near me at almost all times, because I also love lists and am always jotting down ideas, quotes, random thoughts, etc. I have recently decided to make it a UNLINED notebook that could also be a journal. It will end up being very boring in parts (shopping or chore lists) and somewhat "stream-of-consciousness" (PLEASE
excuse my spelling. I'm pretty sure that's not right!) But I'm trying it out.
Anyway, This was drawn in my lined book and I wish that it wasn't, so I got motivated. And, to be honest, I'm currently carrying both books with me! Those, plus my ever-present camera, a few pens and a bottle of water make my purse pretty darn heavy! Who needs make-up any way, right?
Good thing I don't carry my checkbook anymore!
So, I was signed up to do a swap featuring Mermaids and I'm not really the mermaid type, generally, so I had NO stamps to use for this. Plus, I had the "ZenTangle Flu" so this was what I came up with for the mermaids:


Not REALLY a Zentagle, I don't think, but ZT-inspired!
















Then I finally got around to playing with the real Zentangles in a book WITHOUT lines! I had left my computer downstairs, so I had to go from memory of what I had seen and my own brain. I thought I did a decent job for my first try. Please feel free to leave a comment. If you're familiar with ZenTangles and have any pointers, I would greatly appreciate them!

My creativity seems to come in strange bursts. I have tried to start a couple of things since this and tried to learn some of the "Official" patterns, but, it just hasn't been as good. Or as fun. IDK. Have to think about it...

1 comment:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- you did a fabulous job on these! I canot draw and really admire the Zentangle!