Sunday, February 6, 2011

Corrugated Cardboard

Made these last night for a "Corrugated Cardboard Valentine" ATC swap. I mostly just wanted to see if I could pull off one layer of the cardboard in a shape without ruining it. Yes, you can! I used a piece of packaging. (recycling!! -yea!) I have recently found several bits that are the usual brown on one side, but WHITE on the other -double yea!! I cut the shape with an Exacto into just the one side, then peeled off that piece. Smooshed on some Brilliance ink and let that dry. Then I used one of my new Tim Holz stamps (belive it or not, the 1st TH stamps I've bought!) with red Staz-On on some window plastic (that I also get from packaging - why buy what you've already bought with something else -you paid for it. Use it!) Stuck on with glue dots. Added a brad and mounted on my cardstock. You can't really see it in the pic, but the brad is red and shiny. I like to distress things, so the curled corner is right up my alley. My Technique Junkies group/newsletter used this in the recent issue and I know I've mentioned it before, but go to techniquejunkies.com to check it out. The newsletter is NOT free, but it is really worth it! It is the ONLY one that I pay for! (Thanks Pat! and no, I get no benefit from the plug -I just really like my newsletters!)

1 comment:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- love the creative twists! TFS