Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pen, Ink and Watercolor


OK -first I have to apologize. I just realized that I posted the Asian girl ATC twice -OOPS! Oh well, I really like her!

Anyway, on to the next. I joined this swap to get mayself into one of my "uncomfortable" places...Hand drawing! (SCA-A-ARY!) I sort-of cheated. I read a few years ago about someone who did line-drawn animals quilted onto pillows and such. You could have her make them of YOUR pet and one of the ways she did this was to use tracing paper over a picture to dreate her lines. Well, I tried it with some of my digital photos and it works great!! In this case, I used a picture of V enjoying the sun coming in the window one day. I just pull up the pic on my computer, tape a piece of paper on and use the most prominent lines in the picture to create my drawing. I then scanned my drawing and reduced the size so it would fit on an ATC, then used a lightbox to make each ATC essentially the same. (They are not all EXACTLY the same, though). It worked really well. The biggest problem I had was just the bumpiness of drawing on watercolor paper -I've never done that before. Anyway, I was pretty pleased with the result!
Watercolored using re-inker and waterbrushes.

No comments: